Read these 10 Benefits of Juicing Tips tips to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Each tip is approved by our Editors and created by expert writers so great we call them Gurus. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Juicer tips and hundreds of other topics.
Juicing and cancer prevention go hand in hand. The vitamins and anti oxidants you find in fresh juices are a great way to build up your immunities and reduce you risk for diseases like cancer. Cranberry juice and cranberry pulp clean out infections and toxins, especially in the urinary tract, kidneys and liver.
* Extremely tart, fresh cranberry juice has terrific health and nutrition benefits and can be tempered with blander fruit juices such as melon or apple juice.
* Cranberry juice can spice up carrot juice and they juice well with watermelon and pears.
The carrot is the universal vegetable for juicing.
Carrot juice is a cancer fighter high in beta-carotene and very rich in many essential vitamins and minerals. When carrots are turned to juice, they become very sweet and mix easily with fruit juices.
Other members of the beta-carotene family that you can juice in your fruit and vegetable juicer include apricots, asparagus, broccoli, dark leaf lettuce, mangoes, papayas, pumpkins, sweet potatoes and winter squash.
Toss any—and many—of these fruits and vegetables into your juicer as an insurance policy against cancer and for general health and nutrition.
Fruit juice energy drinks for older people should start with apples.
* Apple juice can ease arthritis and rheumatism.
* Apple juice flushes out the kidneys and liver and is low in calories.
To make fresh apply juice, cut apples into quarters and process them through your citrus fruit juicer. Fill out the flavor with juices from melons, pears, papaya, cherries and strawberries.
Apple juice is inexpensive compared to juices from more exotic fruits. Juices made from fresh fruits and vegetables are important for health and nutrition and can be primary sources of fiber. Fiber helps foods pass efficiently through our digestive systems, preventing constipation.
Fruit and vegetable juicing adds necessary fluid to your diet.
* For example, watermelon juice adds fluid without a lot of extra calories.
* Ripe pears produce a thick, rich, flavorful juice that can be drunk alone, diluted with water or added to other fruit juices. Pear juice from your home juicer is one of the best cleansers of the urinary and gastrointestinal tracts and a great cure for constipation.
Fruit and vegetable juicers are instrumental in facilitating health and nutrition. For example, some people plagued by congestion and constipation try juice fasts and claim to experience enhanced physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.
Good juicers and a good juicing program can contribute to better diet and nutrition.
Consuming the juices of fresh fruits and vegetables can help if you're suffering from:
* chronic sinus congestion
* white or yellow tongue coating (a good sign of congestion and toxicity)
* bad breath
* acne or other skin eruptions
* bloating, gas, flatulence
* postnasal drip
* premenstrual syndrome
* runny nose
* overeating (especially excess meat and fat consumption)
* chronic bronchitis
* muscle stiffness in the low back
According to various sources such as Power Juices and Super Drinks by Steve Meyerowitz, cucumber juice is beneficial for both skin and hair.
The cucumber is high in silica which is a mineral which strengthens connective tissue, and is good for tendons, muscles, cartilage, bones, and ligaments. It is reported that silica is also good for skin elasticity, fingernails, complexion, and hair loss.
It is important to use cucumbers which do not require peeling because you lose much of the silica and other beneficial properties if you remove the skin. It is best to use organic cucumbers or non-waxed cucumbers such as Kirby cucumbers or English cucumbers. Wheatgrass juice is also said to be good for both skin and hair.
According to the book Fresh Vegetables and Fruit Juices, drinking juice composed of carrot, lettuce and spinach will nourish the roots and nerves of hair thereby stimulating growth. Also recommend is a combination of carrot, lettuce, green pepper and alfalfa juice. Further information can be found in books such as Juicing For Life by Cherie Calbom & Maureen Keane and The Juicing Book by Stephen Blauer.
Why would you want to juice cabbage? The health benefits of juicing green cabbage focuses on relieving the pain of stomach ulcers. Cabbage juice is a great homeopathic treatment for this painful condition.
A quart of cabbage juice made in your own home vegetable juicer, consumed in 4- to 6-ounce servings at regular intervals throughout the day, seems to work.
Don't drink the cabbage juice alone. Cabbage juice could over-stimulate the gastric juices when your stomach has too little to digest. Eat a cracker or breadstick with each glass of cabbage juice.
Some elderly people have difficulty chewing raw food and can therefore truly reap the benefits of juicing vegetables and fruits.
Raw juice is good, easily digestible food and helpful for good diet and nutrition. With a home juicing machine, you can enjoy the nutritional advantages of eating fresh, sun-enriched fruits and vegetables.
A glass of celery juice has the same appetizing flavor as a crunchy stalk of celery. Cranberries, grapes, oranges and prunes turned into juice help end irregularity, often a problem among older, sedentary people.
Also, choose juices high in vitamin C to help boost your immune system and vitamin D in the winter to avoid the blues.
There are many benefits of juicing fruits and vegetables. Vegetable and fruit juices promote health and nutrition.
* You can lower your cholesterol by regularly drinking the juice of fresh fruits and vegetables made in your home juicing machine.
* The pulp your juicer produces will fulfill your daily fiber needs. * You can find calcium (important for strong bones and teeth and protection from colon cancer) in the juice from beet, turnip and mustard greens, broccoli, kale, kohlrabi and okra. These vegetables fit easily into a juicer, making it easy to drink your RDA of calcium.
Reap the benefits of juicing vegetables by sharing with your kids. We all know that good nutrition for kids is important. Keep your children healthy by giving them wholesome raw fruit and vegetable juices everyday.
With fresh juice squeezed by your home fruit and vegetable juicer, you'll never have to worry about artificial ingredients. Children love the naturally sweet taste of fresh apple juice, carrot juice and tomato juice. The vitamins they will get from these juices may even outweigh the need for a daily multi vitamin.
Children 1 to 6 years can have 4-6 ounces of juice a day. Older children can have 8-12 ounces of juice a day.